Sunday, October 23, 2016

Haunted House Card

Hello,

I created a Halloween based birthday card for a co-worker who loves Halloween. The card is made using a cascading fold which I learned to do here.

I used my silhouette cameo to cut all of the pieces. I attached the fence first and then started adding the bats and ghosts where I thought they looked good. I used acetate to hold them up so that they look like they are flying in the sky. The ghosts are made from clear vellum.
This is the card laying flat. The envelope had to be made pretty big to fit the whole card.

 The design and wording on the front was created with Silhouette Sketch Pens. I added a glittery black spider that I purchased from AC Moore.

The haunted house is attached to a tag that pulls out from the back. I stamped a simple happy birthday in the center.

I am entering these challenges with this card:

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Halloween
My Sheri Crafts - Creepy/Crawly
The Stamping Boutique - Halloween
Simply Create Too - Halloween
Aloha Friday Challenges - Halloween
Vintage Journey -Make It Spooky
Dragons Liar Designs Challenge -Boo
The Paper Girls - Halloween
Deep Ocean Challenge - Halloween
Crafting by Designs - Halloween
Creative Inspirations - Halloween
The Paper Shelter - Halloween
Delicious Doodles Challenge - Halloween
My Crafting Stories - Halloween
Scrap-Creations - Halloween
Crafty Gals Corner - Be Fa-BOO-lous

Thank you!
 Have a great day!!!!!!

~Hazel

9 comments:

  1. Superb make Hazel, thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles, this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your co-worker must have been delighted with this fabulous card, the shape really adds to the spookiness of it all and I love the witch flying in the shadow of the moon! Thanks so much for joining in our 'Make it Spooky' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She hasn't actually seen it yet but I imagine she'll love it!!!!!

      Delete
  3. This is SO cool!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful fold card. Your co-worker is going to love it!Such a wonderful centerpiece this would make too! Awesome job on it! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cascading fold card! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gal's Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is fantastic. What a perfect fold for a haunted house :)
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cascading fold card! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card design! Great for a happy Halloween/birthday! I am sure your co-worker loved it. Thanks for sharing with us at Papergirls, hope to see you there again soon.

    ReplyDelete