Friday, January 6, 2017

Triangle Star Card

Hey everyone,

This is a sad card for me to make. I have a co-worker (the one that I make all the Halloween birthday cards for) that is leaving. 😢😢

I found this Triangle Star Fold card here and I thought it looked interesting so I thought I'd try it.


It really came out pretty nicely. I used brown card stock for the base of the card and then a lighter brown card stock and a marbled paper thing (a new type of paper for me) as the top layer. I added some black gems on the corners of each large triangle.


For the focal point of the card I stamped a bear eating honey (first time I've ever used this image) on white card stock and colored it in. I layered this on top of a brown scalloped circle.


All of the triangles fold out to reveal the message on the inside. I tried to leave lots of space for my co-workers to sign the card and give their farewell wishes.


Sorry for the lighting. I used my Silhouette sketch pens to write the "We will miss you BEARY much!" on the inside triangle.

I am entering these challenges:
Card Mania Challenges - Layer It
Pattie's Creations Design Challenge - Use Animal Image
A Day for Daisies - Two or More Layers
Crafty Gals Corner - Use Something New
Crafty Awesomeness Challenge - Anything Goes/Colored Image
Lemon Shortbread Challenge - Anything Goes

Have a good day!

~Hazel

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your card! Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really great design and such a cute image too.

    Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenges.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete