Sunday, September 21, 2014

Riding Bike Card

Hi all,

I needed to make a card for my boyfriend's mother for her birthday. She started bike riding every day not too long ago and seems to really enjoy it, so I decided to make her a biking card.

I made the bike frame by drawing lines and using an exacto knife to cut the pieces out. I used circle punches and a circle cutter for the wheels, handle bars, and circles at the pedal. The wheels are put together using brads because I wanted them to spin.

I used white paint and a sponge to make the clouds.

Here it is:

 The bike moves up the hill and the wheels spin.

 I made the bike rather large so I needed a large card back. I used a full 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of card stock of the back. I needed to think of something to put on the inside.

 I used a candle stamp that I have and made a border on white card stock then colored the candles with colored pencils.Then a simple happy birthday stamp and a birthday hat were placed in the center of the card.

I am entering the following challenges with this card:
Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Punch it Out (wheels, handles)
Crafts Galore Challenges - Make a Card
Imagination Crafts Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Lady Bug Crafts - Anything Goes
Sunshine Mail - Anything Goes
My Sheri Crafts - Birthday Celebrations
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Little Claire's Designs - Birthday Card
Pile It On - Shiny (wheels)

Thank you for looking! Have a great day!

~Hazel

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe you actually drew and cut out all those bicycle pieces yourself -you must have an abundance of patience and for the wheels to actually turn and the bike go uphill OMG well done you --thanks for joining us at Crafting at the Weekend
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and so much fun. Well done with getting that sorted out! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card thanks for sharing at crafts galore encore, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will definitely put a smile on a childs face! Thank you for joining us at Sunshine Mail. Princess - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I can't believe how you cut out the bike frame! It looks like a lot of work! It looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and great design, thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card, thank you for joining us at Imagination crafts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping by to say thank you for joining us over at Scribble & Scrap! Good Luck!
    Jill S&S DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super creative card......brilliant! Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. XxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea. Brilliant job with the painting and cutting! Thank's for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Make A Card Challenge #9 and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WONDERFUL Card.. I love the bike you made!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO!!
    Hope to see you again!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete