Monday, May 29, 2017

Minecraft Gatefold Card

Hey,

My nephew's birthday is coming up and he is a big fan of Minecraft (is there a 12 year-old right now that isn't?). I made him a Minecraft card last year as well so I had to do something different this year.

The card:


I saw this idea on Pinterest (there were various ideas that I looked at). I created a gatefold card with the four different aspects of Minecraft. Each the aspects is 2 inches squared. I scored the 2-inch squares at ¼ inch intervals and the turned the square and did ¼ inch intervals that are perpendicular to the first score lines. I complete the TNT first by cutting a strip of white paper and using a sharpie to write TNT. Next, I completed the pig. The eye squares are cut slightly smaller than the nose squares. Next came the Steve head. The eye squares are the same size as the pigs nose, the hair is about a half inch total, and the mouth is 2 different pieces totaling about ¾ inch. Finally, the creeper. I cut out 5 black squares that were the same size as the pigs nose squares. All of the pieces were attached and then I attached them to the doors of the card.

The inside:


I stamped Happy Birthday on the inside with a new birthday stamp that I purchased from WISH.com.

I plan to enter these challenges:
The Crazy Challenge – Birthday
The Crafter's Cafe - Birthday
Not Just Cards Challenge – One for the Boys
Bastel-Traum – Men or Boys

Have a good night!

~Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment