Saturday, April 22, 2017

Mountain Bike Card

Hello,

I have a co-worker that asked if I could make a birthday card for her son. Her parents want to get him a mountain bike for his birthday but want him to go pick it out with them so she thought they could give him a card with a mountain bike theme to tell him they are going together to get him a new bike.

Here's the card:


I made the background with distress inks and a sponge. I learned how to make the mountain scene by watching this video: How to Make a Background of Mountains. Pumice stone was used for the mountains and tumbled glass for the sky. I cut out a black frame and the pieces for the bike. I embossed the black bike pieces (except the tire) with a stripe embossing folder. I made the design on the tire with a gold marker. I attached all the bike pieces together, coiled the thin wire around the brads and attached them, and attached the bike to the background.

On the inside, I stamped a simple Happy Birthday.

I am entering these challenges with this card:
Southern Girls - About a Boy (For a boy)
Crafty Sentiments - Men/Boy (For a boy)
Seize the Birthday - Birthday (No Topping)
Cute Card Thursday - Birthdays

Thanks for looking!
~Hazel

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great mountain bike card, and perfect for our boy challenge! Thanks for entering our challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. I hope to see you again next week. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever and brilliant! Well done! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh you are creative! The background has so much depth and you even included the brake cables! Outstanding!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete